Mold Removal & Remediation in Nashville, TN
Mold Remediation Services in Nashville, TN
Safe mold removal requires extensive training and specialized techniques. Left unchecked, moist conditions will lead to mold growth, lower indoor air quality, and put residents, employees, visitors, and others at risk for health issues. We can identify the type of mold and provide appropriate remediation. Our project managers can also coordinate with your insurance company if your mold results from tornado or hurricane damage.
Even though we are lucky to have over 2,500 hours per year of sunshine, with an average humidity of 70%, Nashville is no stranger to the effects of moisture.
Condensation, mold, and mildew can wreak havoc on buildings, causing corrosion and deterioration of building materials and health problems for its occupants. At Steamatic of Nashville, our business centers around making your home and office clean, comfortable, and safe for your family and employees. Our services for mold remediation in Nashville ensure that even the parts of the building you can’t see are secure and free from biohazards.
REQUEST A SERVICE
What Is Mold?
Mold is a fungus that is common in buildings where humidity is present. It reproduces by airborne spores that attach themselves to anything that could be a good host. Areas around windows, showers, sinks, tubs, drywall, or wood are all hospitable to mold and mildew. If there have been leaks or flooding, chances are that you have mold and should contact us for mold testing Nashville.
Types of Mold
There are many types of mold, but some are more common than others. If you have mold in your home, it will most likely be one of these:
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is olive-green to brown colored and can be found in both warm and cold conditions. It is most often discovered in or under materials like upholstery or carpeting, as well as in floorboards or cabinets.
- Penicillium – Penicillium, the same mold that contributes to the production of antibiotics, is not so beneficial when growing in a building. It spreads quickly and is recognizable by its blue or green color. You may notice its presence on walls, carpets, air conditioning ducts, or furniture where damp and moist conditions are prevalent.
- Aspergillus – Aspergillus creates a thick mold that grows in long chains. It is very common, and it can be found in many colors, as there are over 185 species of aspergillus.
- Stachybotrys chartarum – This is the dangerous black mold that every property owner dreads. It can be dark green or black and has a slimy texture. Black mold grows in unchecked humidity, like those where an undiscovered leak has contributed to extremely high moisture over weeks. Black mold is frequently discovered in warm, confined spaces and can grow on wood, paper, cardboard, hay, wicker, and more.
Symptoms of Mold Sensitivity
Prolonged exposure to mold growth can cause mild to serious side effects. For those with underlying health issues, they can be equally as dangerous. Some of the warning signs of mold sensitivity are:
- Coughing, sneezing
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Itchy, sore or watery eyes
- Rashes or skin irritation
Dangers of Black Mold
Toxic black mold is by far the most nefarious of the molds that you could find in your home. It produces mycotoxins, dangerous compounds that cause the death of muscle cells. Mycotoxins can cause damage to the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, and immune system. Black mold has also been linked to neurological problems in children and pulmonary bleeding in infants.
Exposure could cause symptoms ranging from upper respiratory irritation to tightening in the chest, and even to chronic conditions like depression and hypersensitivity pneumonitis, an immune system problem. Quick response and remediation are critical. Contact our 24×7 emergency response team at 615-256-7447 for mold testing if you see evidence of fungus growth in your home.
Comprehensive Mold Remediation Services
When you need mold remediation Nashville Tn, Steamatic of Nashville is the answer. Our experienced staff of technicians maintains continuing education to stay on top of the most cutting-edge testing and remediation methods for detecting and ridding your home of mold. No matter the day or time, our 24×7 emergency response team is available to test your home to diagnose the type of mold so that we can respond quickly and appropriately.
Contact us today for more information on our services or to set up an appointment. Our team is standing by to provide you with prompt, effective service whenever you need us.
The Steamatic Difference
Initial Inspection and Scope: Steamatic technicians have the experience and tools to determine the scope of the damage and provide accurate assessments as well as action plans for removal.
Insurance Collaboration: We have experience working in collaboration with insurance companies and have earned their trust and respect.
Superior Equipment and Know-How: We use only the highest quality HEPA filtration equipment and state-of-the-art technology to treat and abate fungal contamination.
Infection Control Services: Steamatic of Nashville offers specialized cleaning services to facilitate decontamination of visible and non-visible infection contaminates in clinical environments including hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical facilities.
OTHER RESTORATION SERVICES
When disaster strikes, Steamatic understands that you just want to get your life back to normal. Our normal business hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm every day, and we are available 24/7 to respond to your emergency.